By Rich Bowen, Ken Coar
There is lots of documentation on fitting and configuring the Apache internet server, yet the place do you discover aid for the daily stuff, like including universal modules or fine-tuning your task logging? that is effortless. the recent variation of the Apache Cookbook will give you up-to-date strategies to the issues you are more likely to stumble upon with the hot models of Apache. Written through contributors of the Apache software program origin, and punctiliously revised for Apache models 2.0 and 2.2, recipes during this booklet variety from uncomplicated initiatives, such fitting the server on purple Hat Linux or home windows, to extra complicated initiatives, akin to constructing name-based digital hosts or securing and coping with your proxy server.
Read Online or Download Apache Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Solutions and Examples for Apache Administration PDF
Similar administration books
We're in a race opposed to time to avoid wasting city youngsters from academic failure and to reform city college structures sooner than humans hand over on them. The authors learn the effectiveness of 3 reform methods: structures reform, mayoral impact, and exterior kingdom or federal intervention, utilizing case experiences from seven huge towns, in addition to nation and nationwide traits.
In faculties on the market, writer Ernest residence debunks the parable that monetary productiveness should still form academic coverage and perform. apartment conclusively illustrates that the makes an attempt by way of the Reagan, Bush, and Clinton administrations to reshape the varsity to make "productive staff" forget about how colleges paintings and the way scholars examine, and after all are doomed to failure.
This source is helping institution leaders specialise in serious know-how management matters and useful suggestions for integrating expertise into any institution, management, or specialist improvement software.
This booklet engages readers in 13 conversations awarded by way of authors from around the globe in regards to the position that textbooks play in aiding readers think club within the state. Authors' voices come from quite a few contexts - a few ancient, a few modern, a few delivering analyses through the years.
- Using Technology With Classroom Instruction That Works
- Models for Interdisciplinary Mobile Learning: Delivering Information to Students
- Aesthetics and Design for Game-based Learning
- Collaborative Learning: Methodology, Types of Interactions and Techniques (Education in a Competitive and Globalizing World)
- Creating a Class: College Admissions and the Education of Elites
- Academic Leadership and Governance of Higher Education: A Guide for Trustees, Leaders, and Aspiring Leaders of Two- and Four-Year Institutions
Extra resources for Apache Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Solutions and Examples for Apache Administration
Sh Discussion ApacheToolbox is developed and maintained by Bryan Andrews. It is a shell script that assists in the configuration and installation of Apache. It includes support for over 100 commonly used or standard modules. When you run the script, you select modules from lists appearing on various screens. Once you have decided on your list of modules, ApacheToolbox downloads the thirdparty modules you have selected and the tools that you don’t have installed, and then runs the Apache configure script with any arguments needed to create the combination you have requested.
2, though. --with-mpm The Multi-Processing Model, or MPM, defines how the server handles requests by setting the relationship between threads and child processes. Usually the configure script will choose one appropriate for the platform on which you’re building, but sometimes you may want to override this. For example, if you’re going to be using the PHP scripting module, you need to use the prefork MPM in order to avoid problems. --with-port This option is useful if you are building the server under a non-root username but intend to run it as a system daemon.
18. Discussion The mod_dav source package is an encapsulated and well-behaved module that is easily built and added to an existing server. To test that it has been properly installed, you need to enable some location on the server for WebDAV management and verify access to that location with some WebDAV-capable tool. We recommend cadaver, which is an open source command-line WebDAV tool. conf file. The first identifies the location of the locking database used by mod_dav to keep WebDAV operations from interfering with each other; it needs to be in a directory that is writable by the server.