By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® consultant to phone and capsule app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This ebook can provide every little thing you must commence constructing nice apps fast and getting them released on Google Play™. The booklet makes use of an app-driven approach–each new expertise is mentioned within the context of 8 totally coded and validated Android apps, whole with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll improve comprise:
- Welcome App
- Cannon video game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- tackle Book
Practical, Example-Rich insurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject matter Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout aid Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST internet Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting a variety of monitor Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source records, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, photos, Audio, photos, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising and marketing, In-App ads, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to email@example.com
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail publication at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This publication
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide cellphone industry proportion, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and multiple billion Android units have been shipped around the world in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This ebook offers modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the center of the ebook is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are awarded within the context of entire operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The advent and app try drives initially of every bankruptcy convey a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is out there at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this booklet have been rigorously designed to introduce you to key Android beneficial properties and APIs. You’ll quick study every thing you want to commence construction Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the top Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then development one new app in each one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you succeed in bankruptcy 10, you’ll be capable of create your individual apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission procedure, together with importing your apps. You’ll make a decision no matter if to promote your apps or supply them at no cost, and the right way to industry them through social media and monetize them with in-app ads, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Similar tablets & e-readers books
If you are searching for a e-book that specializes in simply crucial, most valuable, and most enjoyable stuff approximately your iPhone 4--you've chanced on it. There are essentially varieties of iPhone books in the market: (1) The "tell-me-all-about-it" sort, such as in-depth discussions on every thing from instant community protocols to complicated compression codes.
During this ebook, readers gets transparent and to-the-point guide on the way to create every kind of shows utilizing the Keynote app. Readers will research to:Install the Keynote AppWork with the rfile supervisor. paintings with the media browser and upload pictures and flicks from their library. upload notable animations and results.
Seasoned Android 2 indicates how one can construct real-world and enjoyable cellular purposes utilizing Google's newest Android software program improvement package. This new version is up to date for Android 2, masking every thing from the basics of establishing purposes for embedded units to complex strategies equivalent to customized 3D parts, OpenGL, and touchscreens together with gestures.
- The Busy Coder's Guide to Advanced Android Development
- Android Tips and Tricks
- Learning Xcode 8
- Communication Technologies for Vehicles: 6th International Workshop, Nets4Cars/Nets4Trains/Nets4Aircraft 2014, Offenburg, Germany, May 6-7, 2014. Proceedings
- Communication Technologies for Vehicles: 8th International Workshop, Nets4Cars/Nets4Trains/Nets4Aircraft 2015, Sousse, Tunisia, May 6-8, 2015. Proceedings
Extra info for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Html Choose the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit version for your computer hardware and operating system. html Android does not yet support Java 8 language features, such as lambda expressions, new interface features and the stream APIs. You can use JDK 8 (as we did when developing this book’s apps), provided that you use no Java 8 language features in your code. xxxii Before You Begin Installing Android Studio Google’s Android Studio comes with the latest Android Software Development Kit (SDK) and is based on the popular Java IDE from JetBrains called IntelliJ® IDEA.
Before running an app in the emulator, you’ll need to create an Android Virtual Device (AVD), which defines the characteristics of the device on which you want to test, including the hardware, system image, screen size, data storage and more. If you want to 9. com/cloud-test-lab which enables you to test on many different devices. You can reproduce on the emulator most of the Android gestures (Fig. 13) and controls (Fig. 14) using your computer’s keyboard and mouse. The gestures on the emulator are a bit limited, since your computer probably cannot simulate all the Android hardware features.
A class houses the methods that perform the class’s tasks. For example, a class that represents a bank account might contain one method to deposit money to an account, another to withdraw money from an account and a third to inquire what the account’s current balance is. A class is similar in concept to a car’s engineering drawings, which house the design of an accelerator pedal, steering wheel, and so on. 3 Instantiation Just as someone has to build a car from its engineering drawings before you can actually drive a car, you must build an object of a class before a program can perform the tasks that the class’s methods define.