By Kim Kight
In case you have ever dreamed of revealing your designs on textile, fabric aficionado Kim Kight, of renowned web publication precise Up, is right here to coach you ways. accomplished and refreshingly user-friendly, this outstanding quantity positive factors major components. First, the layout and colour part explains the fundamentals with step by step tutorials on developing repeating styles either by way of hand and at the computing device. subsequent, the Printing part courses you thru moving these designs on fabric-whether its block printing, display printing, electronic printing or licensing to a cloth company-and find out how to confirm the easiest technique for you.
Read or Download A field guide to fabric design : design, print & sell your own fabric : traditional & digital techniques for quilting, home dec & apparel PDF
Similar decorative arts & design books
Bar variety charts the glamorous layout renaissance of inn bars and participants' golf equipment and how their state of the art interiors have helped forge a brand new social tradition. until eventually lately ruled through sexless company layout and standard stuffiness, lodge and individuals? bars have answered to a backlash opposed to homogeneity and at the moment are the playground for cutting edge designers, subtle celebrities, and ultra-cool urbanites.
This quantity presents the 1st entire research and chronology of the earliest recognized stone sculptures from the north Indian urban of Mathura, courting ahead of the recognized Kushan interval. It contains quite a few new attributions of items dependent totally on epigraphic and visible research. The sculptures caused by those pre-Kushan classes demonstrate new facts for the explanations at the back of the emergence of the anthropomorphic snapshot of the Buddha at Mathura, the predominance of a heterodox sect of Jainism, and the proliferation of cults of nature divinities.
The shift within the perform of human-computer interplay (HCI) layout from user-centered to context-based layout marks an important switch in concentration. With context-based layout, designers commence now not with a preconceived notion of what clients may still do, yet with an knowing of what clients really do.
- Textiles : a history
- Summary Catalogue of European Decorative Arts in the J. Paul Getty Museum
- In Search of the Miraculous: Or, One Thing Leads to Another
- EMC for Product Designers, Fourth Edition
- Getting a Church Started
- 3-D Fibrous Assemblies: Properties, Applications and Modelling of Three-Dimensional Textile Structures
Extra resources for A field guide to fabric design : design, print & sell your own fabric : traditional & digital techniques for quilting, home dec & apparel
Last updated January 3, 2011. 0 License. S. intellectual property law, once you create an original design in a tangible form (not just an idea), the copyright to it belongs to you for the rest of your life plus 70 years. This holds even if you do nothing to notify people of those rights. But it is still prudent, especially if your fabrics will be released to the public, to print the selvage with your name, your company’s name, the name of the design, and a copyright symbol with the year of creation.
Tif. The resulting scan will be un-anti-aliased on a white background. 1. tif file (File > Place). Deselect the artwork. 2. Open Live Trace Options (Object > Live Trace Figure 3: Setting Image Interpolation to Nearest Neighbor. The artwork is now against a transparent background. 5. To convert to anti-aliased art: Go to Photoshop > Preferences > General to ensure the Image Interpolation is set to the default (Bicubic). Now, reduce the image size to 300 dpi (or any other resolution up to 600)—afterward, the artwork will be anti-aliased (Figure 4).
3. Select the white background with the Magic Wand (Contiguous option unchecked) and delete it (Figure 2). At this point, you have artwork suitable for manipulation in a variety of ways. Since the file now has a transparent background, you are free to add your own background layer filled with a color or pattern of choice. Figure 1 Figure 2 2. Open the file and clean up any stray black 4. To convert to anti-aliased art, proceed to Step 5. pixels with the Eraser tool. Convert the file to Grayscale (Image > Mode > Grayscale); then click OK in the dialog box that pops up (you want the default Size Ratio of 1).